The one thing that I love most is a fluffy, soft, and chewy cookie! My sister has shared her Matcha White Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe with me – and I’d like to share them with you. Be prepared to have an orgasm in your mouth! That’s how good they are… wink wink.
Okay, okay. Before I list down the ingredients and instructions.. there are a few things that you should do in preparation for matcha cookies!
Not all matcha is the same. But the right matcha is a matcha made in heaven. HAHA GET IT? Okay, anyways… there are different types of matcha and different types of quality of matcha. There are three grades of matcha:
- Ceremonial: $$$ high quality
- Premium: $$ next best
- Culinary: $ cheapest and most common
Between the three grades of matcha, the cheaper that matcha, the more bitter and duller the color will be. So, it’s good to use a higher quality grade matcha to avoid some of the bitterness and to get that beautiful green color!
Or just use whatever matcha you have in hand because who has time to go to the store to buy higher quality matcha? With little kids running around? Yeah.. me either. I just ended up using a culinary grade matcha we had in the house.
But if you’re feeling a little spicy and wanna spend those extra dollars, go for it! It makes a difference. If not- feel free to substitute with any matcha powder you have in the house — and also to reduce the amount of sugar if you’re giving it to your little ones!
I’m not going to be one of those food bloggers who writes their whole life story before the recipe even shows up.. so here’s the recipe!!
Matcha White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cups melted butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cup white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, matcha, baking soda and salt
- In a different bowl, mix the brown sugar, white sugar, and melted butter together until everything is well blended
- Beat in the vanilla extract, egg, and egg yolk into the mixture until it is nice and creamy
- Add half of the dry ingredients (flour, matcha, baking soda, salt) into the bowl and mix until incorporated
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients until the dough is well blended together
- Fold in the white chocolate chips
- Cover and set in fridge for 15 minutes
- Pre-heat oven at 325 while cookies are cooling
- Remove from fridge and scoop out equal portion pieces with spoon then use your hands to roll it into a ball
- Place evenly spaced apart on baking tray
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are slighly brown
- Cool cookies on tray for a 2 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack
I hope you eat as many cookies as I did.. because YUMM!!! When baking this for the fam, we personally adjust the amount of sugar added! I hope you love this recipe as MATCHA as I do!